Why choose us
Doi is the leading scientific social networking website and producer of educational virtual events. Contributing to the advancement of science through content sharing capabilities, Doi is a powerful advocate in amplifying global networks and communities. We have become a primary source for current scientific news, webinars, virtual conferences and more. Join for free and become part of the largest scientific learning community in the world.
Mission Statement: The DOI is dedicated to the production, maintenance, delivery, and preservation of a wide range of high-quality networked information resources for scholars and students at anywhere. The program supports efforts to provide open access to electronic information resources to the international community and beyond.
Purpose of doi: The Digital Library produces, maintains, delivers, and preserves networked resources for scholars and students at anywhere in order to improve the teaching and research of faculty, improve the learning and research of students, and increase knowledge about the development of digital libraries.
The overarching benefit for the students, faculty, and staff will be access to an ever-widening range of digital library resources and services, including full-text online databases, faculty research, classroom materials, multimedia digital resources, electronic journals, and digital libraries from all over the world.
The DOI includes two sub-units, the Digital Library (DL) composed with list of journals, books, conference proceedings, articles and various objects with a digital no. and the Electronic Text, image, video Library called as Virtual Library (VL), that provide consultation and digitization services. The VL digitizes a variety of image, documents, audio, and video formats to support DOI projects.
Features and Benefits
- The primary benefits of partnership are cost-effective long-term preservation and access services for digitized content:
- Long-term commitments on digital content facilitate decision-making about digitization efforts and print collections management.
- For institutions with content to deposit, participation enables immediate preservation and access services, including bibliographic and full-text searching of the materials within the doi-ds, reading and download of content where available, and the ability to build public or private collections of materials.
- Whether depositing content or not, partners have full viewing and downloading abilities for public domain materials and materials for which we have received permissions, as well as specialized access to public domain and in-copyright materials for users who have print disabilities.
- We encourage participation in initiatives and resources geared toward shared collection development and management (e.g., copyright review work, de-duplication, collaboration with other organizations and initiative around digitization), participation in governance and partner initiatives, and defining future directions of the shared library.
- In general, institutions gain the most from membership that have significant amounts of content to deposit, or where there is significant overlap between the institutions' print collections and the digital collections in doi.