- In the India, the doi Digital & Virtual Library would be the natural choice to act as the repository of all knowledge, because the national interest is so clearly served. However, the doi Digital & Virtual Library is not the national library of the India, although many people assume that it is. Doi Digital & Virtual Library is to make knowledge and creativity available to the world. It is only a lesser goal to make knowledge available to the public, and that is why the million-book project had to be undertaken outside of the scope of doi. DOI is also the guardian of the copyright office and is apparently unwilling and/or unable to digitize anything to which there might be a copyright claim.
- Doi, the official agency for scholarly and professional publications, harnesses collaboration among publishers to provide the scholarly community with easier access to online research content. Doi is an independent, membership association, with a mandate to make cross-publisher linking throughout online scholarly literature efficient and reliable using the DOI system.
- "DOI" stands for Digital Online Identifier and is an open standard. A DOI is an alphanumeric name that identifies digital content, such as a book or journal article. The DOI is paired with the object's electronic address, or URL, in an updateable central directory, and is published in place of the URL in order to avoid broken links while allowing the content to move as needed. DOIs are distributed by publishers and by Doi, and there is no end-user charge associated with their use. The DOI can be assigned at any level of granularity and incorporated into many different systems and databases.
- DOIs link to publisher response pages, which include the full bibliographic citation and abstract, as well as full-text access. Libraries with local link servers can have Doi DOIs automatically redirected to appropriate resources.
- For further information on the DOI please see the short DOI descriptions document.
- If you are working with a library software vendor, please determine whether you need access to the Doi system in order to optimize the vendor's product.
- Upon request, Doi will send you a doi Library Agreement for consideration.
- To understand more about Doi, please visit the "FAQ" page.
The key benefits of the DOI for libraries are:
- Truly persistent links
- Increases usage of acquired resources
- Expanded access to content not owned
- Enhanced localized linking
- DOI and metadata retrieval privileges at no cost to most libraries
If you are interested in joining the Doi initiative, here are the steps you should take:
(2) Familiarize yourself with the all steps and information resources highlighted in our help documentation.
(3) If any member would like to open both the digital and virtual library Account,, in that case they should register separately by using different mail id as user name, to find out the packages for Digital library please click here and to find out the packages for Virtual library please click here.]
To Log in Digital & Virtual Library Users or Members can Click Here Now.
To create a Digital Library Account please Register here.