Features and Benefits of doi-ds Members/Users
- The primary benefits of partnership are cost-effective long-term preservation and access services for digitized content.
- Long-term commitments on digital content facilitate decision-making about digitization efforts and print collections management.
- For institutions with content to deposit, participation enables immediate preservation and access services, including bibliographic and full-text searching of the materials within the doi-ds, reading and download of content where available, and the ability to build public or private collections of materials.
- Whether depositing content or not, partners have full viewing and downloading abilities for public domain materials and materials for which we have received permissions, as well as specialized access to public domain and in-copyright materials for users who have print disabilities.
- We encourage participation in initiatives and resources geared toward shared collection development and management (e.g., copyright review work, de-duplication, collaboration with other organizations and initiative around digitization), participation in governance and partner initiatives, and defining future directions of the shared library.
- In general, institutions gain the most from membership that have significant amounts of content to deposit, or where there is significant overlap between the institutions' print collections and the digital collections in doi.
- Create a digital no. of any organization
- Get a cross Ref. no.
- Get a digital no.
- Enhance imact of your objects/articles/journals
- Analyze the impact of your journals and get a doi-ds impact factor [DOIJIF].
- Any author can create a doi no. for their published articles.
- Any organization/institute/publisher/libary/books writer/authors or product owner can get a doi no. for triggering their objects impact with the help of this doi-ds.
Some of the benefits that we provide through Virtual Libary includes:
- Expertise - Researching sites for your VL section is a great way of learning about resources on the web.
- Professional advancement - VL sites are renowned for often being the best online resources in particular areas. Being the VL maintainer for your specific area will raise your profile, and can lead to useful opportunities and interactions with some of the leading members of your field. Some VL sections are maintained by organisations rather than individuals, and these also gain great positive exposure from their VL affiliation. If you already have a good specialist website, affiliating with the VL is a powerful stamp of approval and traffic generator.
- Personal satisfaction - The web is a wild and disorganised place. Creating and maintaining a high quality guide to part of the web can be personally very satisfying and a great way to do some good for the many visitors that will rely on your guide. We have all benefited from the net, and maintaining a VL site is an excellent way to take advantage of your own expertise to give back to the net and help thousands of others in your field.
- Technical Assistance - The VL provides a community of like-minded individuals which can provide support and technical help. A number of other services include a powerful search engine, automatic submission of pages to major search engines, and others under development.There are a few technical requirements to maintain a section of the Virtual Library. However, far more important is that you share the overall goals of the other members of the Library: to provide a clear, current, easy-to-use and unbiased guide to the most important online sources in your field. If you believe in doing that, to make life easier for web users, then pick your area and join us! Maintaining a Virtual Library section is a great way of getting recognition in your field, a good way of keeping abreast with what's available on the net, and a unique way to contribute to the internet.
- Content- Each section should contain an unbiased and relatively comprehensive guide to the most valuable sources in their field. The site should aim to be one of the best resources in its area. Virtual Library sites are largely collections of links to other sources, rather than primary data, but a brief introduction to the field, for the unexperienced visitor, is encouraged.
[Special Instructions: If any member would like to open both the digital and virtual library, in that case they should register separately by using different mail id as user name, to find out the packages for Digital library please click here and to find out the packages for Virtual library please click here.]
To create a Virtual Library Account please Register Now.
To Log in Digital & Virtual Library Users or Members can Click Here Now.