About the Digital Library
A digital object identifier (DOI) is a serial code used to uniquely identify objects. The DOI system is particularly used for electronic documents such as journal articles. The DOI system began in 2000. Metadata about the object is stored in association with the DOI name. It may include a location, such as a URL, where the object can be found. Digital Online and Virtual Libraries are the storehouse of knowledge as they maintain the journals, published articles, book and other knowledge resources available. However, with the advent of digital technology and Internet connectivity, the library scenario is changing fast. Digital technology, Internet connectivity and physical content can be dovetailed resulting in Digital Library. Data available in physical form has been preserved digitally in Digital Library. Digital Libraries have the ability to enhance access to information and knowledge. They also Bridge barriers of time and space. In the past initiatives have been taken by different Ministries / Departments / organizations for digitizing and preserving data available in physical form. However, this activity has been restricted mostly in the area of the work / interest of the organization. Digital online Organization (doi) basically is a data base system and essentially which deals with digital and virtual Library.
Digital Library is a storehouse of Indexed Articles, Indexed Journals, Indexed Books, Indexed Libraries, and Other Indexing Objectsand it is nothing but a cross reference system in which Digital online Organization provide a doi no. for a particular object or article. The Digital Library is helping to develop an international strategy to collect, archive and preserve the burgeoning amounts of digital contents like journals, articles, books, conference proceedings for current and future generations.
The main objective of this Digtal Library is to provide an unique digital/electronic/doi no. to any specific objects. If any one want to enlist their objects/articles/product/organizations then the users may registered through the members portal and can get a doi no. for their objects. This doi link is interconnected with the URL of this object and this system can use as a crossref system. Any one can traced that objects through the specific doi no. Any organization/publishers can enlisted theirproducts/objects/articles here to get a specific and unique automatic generated doi no.
Some importants links are in generated with the doi link, once they have been clicked, click these to access another page in the Digital Library or to go to an external web site. Each and ever objects/articles and products having a specific auto generated doi no. and doi link with objects description. Doi link is like http://doi-ds.org/doilink/04.2016-37625732/ and last digits are the doi no. of that specific products.
You can search the indexed organizations, Institutes, Libraries, Journals in digital Library database system, by using the search box on the top most position of the screen, and clicking the search. This will search the whole of the indexed organizations, Institutes, Libraries, Journals in digital Library database system. If any one have specific doi no. for a perticular indexed organizations, Institutes, Libraries, Journals then they can easily search by using this above stated search engine.
DOIs are identifiers that provide access to electronic versions of journal articles. They will be linked from the doi data base system.
The doi represented a shift in digital library projects from a focus on quantity for its own sake to quality; quantity remains a priority, but not at the expense of the quality standards established during the start-up phase.
The doi breaks new ground in the following areas, each representing significant investments of time and effort:
1. Consistent metadata: Each item is described by a consistent set of bibliographic information (or metadata) relating to its name, issn/organizations Reg. No. (If any) with name of publishers, among other requirements. Consistent metadata provides the descriptive information for a site that is easy and interesting to explore, and that helps to reveal connections between items. The metadata also improves exposure to external search engines.
2. Description: Among the most distinctive features of this digital library is the descriptions provided for each item. These descriptions are intended to answer two questions: “What is this item and why is it significant?”
3. Digital library technical development: The doi team's work with state-of-the art tools and technologies led to advances in cataloging the various website with a unique doi no.:
- A new cataloging application was developed to support the metadata requirements.
- An interface was developed, which features the doi content in ways that are appealing to nontraditional users and that encourage exploration of primary sources.
- New technologies continue to be developed; improving workflow and reducing the time elapsed between content selection and availability on the site.
4. Collaborative network: The doi emphasizes openness in all aspects of the project: access to content; technology transfer for capacity building; and partner, stakeholder, and user participation. Technical and programmatic networks are seen as vital to doi sustainability and growth.
For searching the enlisted indexed organizations, Institutes, Libraries, Journals please visit our Digital library Database System here.
Evaluation of DOI Indexed Journals or DOI Indexed Journals Impact Factor [DOIJIF]
The DOI Indexed Journals Impact Factor provides quantitative and qualitative ranking, evaluating the research journals for evaluation and excellence. DOI Indexed Journals Impact Factor is used for evaluating the prestige of journals. The evaluation is carried out by considering the factors like peer review quality, scientific quality, editing quality, editorial quality and regularity and other several relevant parameters.
The meaning of qualitative manuscript can't describe in single word, there having various prospect to confirm whether the manuscript is valuable or not. Eminent Reviewers, comments and provide the marks in respect to various points, like -work is innovative or not, novelty or impact of work, use of recent research tools, whether this work was already reported to the some researchers, plagiarism of the manuscript and whether the reviewer accepted the manuscript without revision or with minor/major revision etc.
For being eligible the research journal must have valid ISSN (Print/Online). In case of Online Journal, the publisher must provide valid web address. Besides this the journal must have published at least one issue.
The DOI Indexed Journals Impact Factor is calculated on yearly basis on a 100 point scale. The Journal/Serial Publication submitted for assignment of DOI Indexed Journals Impact Factor will be evaluated on the basis of following qualitative and quantitative parameters.
Deciding on a Global Rating [20 Points]
After writing a review of the strengths and weaknesses of the manuscript, the reviewer is asked to provide a global rating (i.e., a recommendation for the manuscript). It is important that the reviewer be familiar with the possible global ratings because they can differ from one journal to another. Reviewers are provided with four possible global ratings: Accept, Accept Pending or minor Revisions, Reconsider After Major Revisions, and Reject. The factor of global rating in Publication contributes about 20 percent of the total contribution in evaluation process.
Originality in Publication [20 Points]
DOI Indexed Journals Impact Factor (DOIJIF) gives highest weight to this factor. The factor Originality in Publication contributes about 20 percent of the total contribution in evaluation process. Originality of an article is an important element for journal as it builds quality and increase global platform for the journal. This factor for Journal Impact Factor evaluation is important.
Scientific Quality of Journal [20 Points]
While evaluating the journal for DOI Indexed Journals Impact Factor (DOIJIF), scientific quality of journal plays significant role in the process. It contributes about 20 percent of total contribution in the evaluation process. It includes various parameters like editorial quality, quality of reviewers or review process, indexing and abstracting of the journal, citation, international publications etc.
Article Review Process [10 Points]
This parameter of DOIJIF evaluation contributes 10 percent of the total contribution. Better review process or standard review process can enhance the score and improve the DOIJIF for journal.
Regularity in Publication [10 Points]
Regularity of publication, which is an important factor for a journal 's stability and one of the key evaluation parameter at other international indexing databases. This factor contributes 10 percent of total contribution
Manuscript Editing Quality [10 Points]
It contributes 10 percent of total score and the following parameters are included:
1. Bibliographic references pattern and uniformity of its.
2. Checking graphics for consistency with line weight, call out font, arrowheads, etc.
3. Checking style, size, and type face for headings, titles, bullets, etc.
4. Checking text and page numbers in table of contents
5. Choosing correct size and layout of pages
6. Consistent justification for text, callouts, cautions, warnings, etc.
7. Consistent use of capitalization and spelling
8. Correct page numbers and spelling in the document
9. Ensuring tables, figures, references, etc., cited in text appear in the document
10. Formatting tables constantly as per the template.
11. Drawing and placing tables and figures appropriately in document
12. Using punctuation and grammatical consistently
13. Verifying lists, paragraphs, figures, etc., numbered or lettered consecutively
Articles Publication Scores [10 Points]
Article publication score (APS) is a kind of scoring system for number of articles published till date. APS varies with the number of articles published. More articles published will lead high APS.
DOIJIF=[TOTAL POINTS GAINED OUT OF 100/7]
In order to get DOIJIF for your Journal, Kindly submit your Journal for Indexing first or any one can recommend/refer/suggest to doi [it is free of cost]